A Perfect Day

Stopped in traffic

View from the driver's seat

Grey skies over my neighbour's house

Lovely and gloomy in my front yard

Most people would regard a wet day as a drag.  Some people even feel depressed when skies submit to the release of pent up rain clouds, complaining of the inconvenience to their daily routine.  I am pleased to say that I am not one of these people.  I love rainy days.  There is something very soothing and calming to me about rain.  Just knowing that those droplets of water have fallen from the top most recesses of our planet is an amazing thought.  I feel comforted when I hear them tap dancing on my roof.  One of my favourite things to do is snuggle in bed, while it rains or storms outside, listening to the water's gentle lullaby.  

As you know from my last post, it has been extremely humid over here.  Well, today, the atmosphere finally relented and gave way to an electric storm.  As you can see from my pictures, it was pleasantly gloomy. Ha! My mum and I went out for lunch and a spot of shopping in this glorious weather and I ended up with a pleasing little bundle of goodies.  



Hello Kitty plastic bags (30 pack) | $2.80

I am a total weakling when it comes to Hello Kitty.  So, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to bag me some...well, bags from the cute little feline.  I thought it was great value for the price and I know they will come in handy.  

Pink bunny purse | $1.00



Up until now, I have been carrying my earphones around in a little plastic case.  Whilst this has protected them well inside my bag, I have always felt it was a bit chunky.  Now that I have this bunny purse, I can still keep my earphones from strangling everything inside my bag whilst providing me with a softer alternative.

Compact mirror | $4.00



Over the years, I have collected many handbags. Some I use frequently, others on the odd occasion.  For those I use a lot, I like to keep a compact mirror in each, rather than constantly transferring just one.  When I saw this bedazzled compact today, I knew it belonged in one of my bags!

Notebook | $2.80

Hilarious!

I have something in common with this one

How absolutely adorable is this notebook?! I love the look of the pages and find the little sayings quite amusing.  Can't wait to give someone a note!



Hello Kitty ballpoint pen (black ink) | $7.00

Cute Key automatic pencil | $3.00

I will admit I don't need anymore pens or pencils, but I couldn't go past these gorgeous offerings from Hello Kitty and Cute Key.  Plus, they were on sale for 30% off the regular price.  Irresistible.  

Princess slapband | $1.00


Selene photobombed this one hehe

I bought this last item as a bit of a laugh at myself because, well, I can kind of be a princess at times.  Heh. 

So, as you can see, I went totally kawaii on this lovely rainy Wednesday.  Sooooooo damn satisfying!  I shall leave you with a little pic showing what I wore today...

Outfit of the day...
Snow White Tshirt | Pressie from sis when she visited Melbourne
Blue tartan skirt | Fashion Fair $20.00
Black tribal footless tights | Woolworths $8.00
Blue denim rocking horse shoes | Shoobiz $50


Comments